Thank you to Alyssa at Vintage or Bust! for choosing me for this lovely award! This blog has only been active for such a short time (2 months really!) and already I have met a whole lot of inspiring people all over the world with incredible passion and talent for sewing, vintage, and dressing up! So thank you!
So here are the rules, and my responses:
1. Copy/paste the Kreativ Blogger Award picture onto your blog
2. Thank the person who awarded it to you and post a link to her/his blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself we might not know
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award
5. Link to them
6. Notify your 7 bloggers of their award
Hmmm…. 7 things about me?
1. My real, secret sewing passion is historical costume, especially from the 18th Century and Victorian eras. Proper steel-boned corsets are about my favourite item of clothing to sew, and pocket hoops, crinolines and bustles make my heart beat faster!
2. I used to buy a lot of vintage clothing, but as my sewing got better I cut down. Being a swing dancer is really hard on old garments, and the prices are getting exorbitant! Now, a vintage piece has to have amazing fabric or detailing for me to bite 🙂
3. I am 1st Generation Australian. My family is completely German, and Berlin is my favourite city!
4. I could eat baked beans everyday.
5. I have finished two degrees at university, neither of them sewing-related. After years of academia I wanted to do something practical!
6. My day job is as a bookstore clerk. I like looking at all the latest crafty books the best.
7. I just bought a 50cc scooter and love it so much, I want to do a motorbike licence!
Ok that’s all for now! Unfortunately I can only choose five bloggers to pass this on to, as my burgeoning blogroll is still in its infancy. If you do read my blog and haven’t ever commented, please do so that I may check out your blog as well!
And I choose:
1. Miss Emmi at They’d Have Called Me “The Bar Nothing” for being a sassy glasses-wearing vintage lady with great Melbourne style!
2. Andi at Andi B. Goode for her absolute dedication to a perfect vintage look, from the hair to the shoes. Also, for being an awesome fellow Adelaidy 🙂
3. Tracey at Thift.Nest.Sew. for whipping up a softie like nobody’s business, and for taking really gorgeous photos.
4. The lovely Karin at Ancien-Nouveau for such in-depth looks at garment construction. I’ve learned some good tips from her!
5. En salig blandning for her Swedish craftiness and style; I am always envious of the Swedes for being so darn clever with fashion!
That’s all folks! Have a fantastic weekend; I have finished some dresses I will show you all soon! xo